Just baked this cookie & cream cake for my Oreo loving son. This is the exact same recipe I’ve baked for the past 9 birthdays & he always double checks if I’ll make it again next year. Happy 15th Birthday, my love. So grateful to be your mama. 🖤
Cookies and Cream Cake Recipe! Download recipe here: Cookies and Cream Cake
- 3/4 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, room temp
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temp
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreos (yeah!!!)
- 1 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 5 cups powder sugar
- 1 1/3 cups crushed Oreos
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter and flour (or use nonstick spray) three six-inch pans and set aside.
- In a standing mixture with a paddle attachment, beat butter & white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt) together in a large bowl.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the butter & sugar until incorporated, scrape sides of the bowl at least once.
- Beat the wet ingredients (egg whites, yogurt, vanilla extract, milk) into the flour/butter mixture and mix until just combined, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos at the very end and mix until just combined.
- Divide the cake batter evenly into the cake pans
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Some ovens run hot, so keep an eye on the cake, test with a toothpick at 20 minutes, if the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done, if not wait another few minutes to test again.
- Beat the butter until light & fluffy. Add the powder sugar, cream, vanilla extract & mix.
- Reserve about a cup of the buttercream for the white dollops. Which can be piped with a piping 869 tip. (or cut the corner of a piping bag or zip-lock bag and squeeze out)
- Mix in the crushed Oreos into the large batch of buttercream, (about 15 seconds).
Build the cake
**Make sure cake is completely cooled before you frost
- Oreo buttercream goes between each layer.
- Spread outside with buttercream and smooth.
- Pipe white buttercream dollops on top with the 869 tip
Place an Oreo cookie on each dollop and done!